[RTTY] RTTY Roundup KK5OQ Single Op HP

Junior charlesw_anderso at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 20:07:44 EST 2009

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KK5OQ
Operator(s): KK5OQ
Station: KK5OQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HillsDale MS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.97

------------
   80:   56
   40:  733
   20:  822
   15:  111
   10:
------------
Total: 1722  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 53  Total Score = 191,142

Club:

Comments:

After the 2008 RU self disqualifcation ( the contest committee would have
disqualifed me I suspect )for a rules violation I was hoping to beat last
years best so1r effort. I could have deleted those 20 (2008 log) or so
contacts and submitted the log. I accomplished that goal by more than 200
Q's and 20K points.
I also considered trying out so2r but I don't think the RU test is the one
to be learning a new operating skill. Maybe next year. The time is coming
when a so1r op will break the 2k Q mark in this test.
I lost a few contacts during a power dip Saturday and a complete outage at
the start of the session Sunday morning. Normally the software will ask if
you want to recover the contacts. That did not happen after a reboot.
N1BAA sent me a B4 exchange at 2056z. I did not doubt him at the time as he
is always about 30 over. That was the time of the first power problem. N4DXS
was the other one lost. 80 was full of noise/crashes due to storms that
moved in early Saturday eve and stayed around. Apologies to the W station
that had a pile up going and I saw several DX calls in there. I thought at
the time one of the DX stations was running the QRG and I called/logged the
DX.
I enjoy reading all the post comments on 3830.
My contact with the E44M Friday was verified in the online log for a new
one.
WL with RITTY/WIN95
TS-850
OptiBeam 12-4 at 55ft, shorten dipole at 40ft
AL-1500 at 1KW
See y'all in the next one...I hope.
Charles/kk5oq

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/