[RTTY] Good Observations in RTTY RU

Junior charlesw_anderso at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 6 10:57:44 EST 2009

But what did they do in the early days of contesting on the old machines. I
suspect they did not worry about lf, cr, sp , bs ( that's back scrolling )
call grabbing etc. Probably hoping the carriage would not get stuck on the
right margin creating a vertical line up. The good ones probably had the
tape spitting out and started reading ( no ribbion please )that and
logging/staying with it and hoped the alignment stayed in between the tuning
fork.
Must have been a sight with oil "slanging", occasionally smoke , paper jams.
Can of oil on the operating desk.
I have enough problems keeping up with these new calculating machines. Not
sure how I could keep up with pencil/paper log.
Any records/logs out there somewhere for those early years ?
Charles/kk5oq