[RTTY] Fldigi Question

Ed Steeble esteeble at sc.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 18:04:51 EST 2009

I use fldigi on our 2m digital net, rig: a SignalLink-1+ (not USB
version) with a IC-746.
73, Ed
K3IXD

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:40:01 -0500
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists at subich.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Fldigi Question
	<RTTY at contesting.com>

 > > I've tried to glean through the documentation, but does
 > > Fldigi support devices like SignaLink USB?

FLdigi will support about any Windows audio device.  There
may be a problem if you use the SignaLinkUSB PTT ("soundcard
PTT") since FLdigi opens the soundcard for output as soon as
the program starts, not just when transmitting.  However, if
you have a rig control connection and use RTS on the rig
control port or CAT commands to control PTT, it should work
fine (in AFSK mode).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV