[RTTY] USOS FIGS

Junior charlesw_anderso at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 8 05:17:32 PDT 2009

Bill,
Have you been able to get the BOTH SHIFTS function of RITTY to work in
contest mode? I use WL and I have yet to find the secret to invoking it.

I only need it for the letters conversion i.e. if I see (3.. (e.. a couple
of times due to polar/backscatter or qsb/qrn bumping the letters/figures
shift I know it's TY, K3MM calling. I think it was the immortal Mr Chin who
posted something in the past about some hardware tnc's that extends the stop
bit sometimes if you have diddles off in the software that could cause
signal copy problems under tough conditions.
The Repetition Integration function in RITTY cost me 8k points and a drop
from 5th or 6th place of the posted scores to 8th place overall in the RU/HP
class after the robot finished hacking the log. In the future it will be
turned off. It tries to recover or guess call sign characters under/out of
high noise level(s).

charles/kk5oq