[RTTY] WØDXCC Contest Central - RTTY Contesting presentation

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Jul 21 08:31:06 PDT 2009

Hello Joe,

I don't have a Vista machine here to test the presentation (it was created using Excel 2003 on XP Pro) but here's a tip from the Microsoft website regarding this kind of problem:

"You moved your sound files to a new location, and now your presentation won't play  Copy the sound files into the folder that contains your presentation, and then either update the links by using the Package for CD feature, or manually update the links by removing the sounds and adding them back."

Here's the link to this Microsoft information and other tips: http://tinyurl.com/lu7peo

Here's a link to a more thorough discussion about this issue: http://tinyurl.com/296wrd

As long as the files played okay in your Media Player, they are in the correct audio format for your computer. The "Package for CD" option is a menu selection within the "Files" menu on the PowerPoint menu bar.

Some of the resolutions suggest deleting and reinserting the audio links on the PowerPoint slides. I would avoid doing this because each audio file link contains specific timing information so the audio plays in the proper sequence. If you delete the little speaker icon, this information will also be deleted.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, go back to my website and download the alternate zip file (filename ends in "CD") which I created using the Package for CD option. Unzip this into a folder and give that set of files a try.

Here's the link to the PowerPoint presentation on the K0RC website: http://tinyurl.com/mjn4jz

Let me know if relinking the files or downloading the CD version corrects the problem.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN