[RTTY] 2008 CQWW RTTY Plagues

Rowland.Archer at gxs.com Rowland.Archer at gxs.com
Fri Jun 19 13:01:13 PDT 2009

Received the plaque for 2008 CQWW RTTY Single Op 80M North America -- wow, what a handsome piece of lumber!  While I realize this was not a hotly contested category, it feels special to have a plaque from a prestigious contest, and I did push the limits of my little pistol station to work just under 500 Q's on 80M.  I won't call it a "miracle antenna" but my K1JEK Cobra Ultralight Sr. antenna (basically a ladder-line fed doublet, configured as an inverted vee and about 55' at the apex) did a nice job.  Certainly no comparison to an 80M four square or Yagi, but it did the trick here.

Thanks to Mike K4GMH (sure glad he didn't pick the 80M SB category or I wouldn't have had a chance!), the contest organizers, and the plaque sponsor (oh, that would be me ;-) ) !

This is going to look great on the shack wall!

73,
Rowland K4XD