[RTTY] Radio for RTTY Contest travelling?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 06:38:32 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:39:16 -0400, "Joe Subich, W4TV"
<lists at subich.com> wrote:

>If you want a spectrum scope add the SDR-IQ (not much larger
>than a pack of cigarettes) connected to the IF output.

REPLY:

One of my personal objections to the Elecraft design philosophy is the
plethora of options. by the time you add them all, you have a fairly
expensive rig, and if you choose to NOT add them all, the resale value
drops. The last time I checked, adding all the possible filter options
alone added nearly a thousand bucks to the basic radio.

If memory serves me, the only option to the '756Pro3 was a TCXO.
Everything else is standard. It's been a few years so I could be
mistaken, but if there were other options they were minor.

73, Bill W6WRT