[RTTY] RTTY in ARRL Field Day

Junior charlesw_anderso at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 30 04:57:40 PDT 2009

Looking at some of the old contest results RTTY contesting has come a long
way as far the number of participants now playing.
I recall my first test. I had a little too much in the buffers, along with
machine lockups and other errors, and a low score. I think it was around 67
contacts after an 8 hour effort! But it was all fun and I was hooked. My
first contact when I got the general was Karl, VK2KM. I took the test down
the road from HQ in the Red Cross building. I stopped in HQ where the SGM in
the EOC was a friend of mine and he let me use a .mil/pk-232 rig and a small
beam. I had the signals reversed. I was hooked on chasing DX after that. Now
up to 314 (worked). I was hoping to get all of them before crossing over.
Maybe I'll make it!
73
Charles/kk5oq