[RTTY] Calibration Check with W1AW RTTY Bulletin

Dick Kriss aa5vu at arrl.net
Wed Mar 4 18:13:22 PST 2009

One of the rtty-contesting readers sent an offline note indicating
I was making it more difficult for other RTTY operators to decode
my AFSK LSB 2000 Hz /170 shift vs. the standard 2125 Hz /170
shift.

I don't see why my 2000 Hz /170 shift should be any harder to
copy or decode than a 2125 Hz /170 shift.  I am aware that some
Icom users run 1500 Hz /170 shift to center their filters.  I don't
think it makes any difference as long a the shift is correct.  I could
understand the comment if I was running some nonstandard shift.

If I am out of line, someone please speak up!

73 Dick AA5VU