[RTTY] Calibration Check with W1AW RTTY Bulletin

Bob rabisch at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:26:06 PST 2009

Thanks to Dick AA5VU and Richard VE3IAY for taking the time to answer my
question.  I was thinking there was something magical about a 2125 Hz tone
but that just sets the location of the Mark Freq in relation to your rigs
freq readout.  I guess that's why it doesn't really matter if you use LSB
or USB just as long as you set the mark freq and then shift in the right
direction.  I guess that's why there is a reverse button in most of the
AFSK RTTY SW.

So if I want to set up a QSO on RTTY I just need to tell the other station
what freq my Mark will be on and let them do the addition or subtraction
depending of their SW or rig.

Thanks again

Bob
K4QHH