[RTTY] NAQP RTTY Frequencies

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Thu Mar 5 15:39:33 PST 2009

I didn't care for the response either. It seemed out of place for the
discussion that was occurring. I guess with a statement in the rules like:

Disqualifications. Entries with score reductions greater than 5 percent may
be disqualified. Any entry may be disqualified for illegibility, illegal or
unethical operation. Such disqualification is at the discretion of the
contest manager.

The contest manager can do what he/she wants. Now I don't think what was
being discussed was unethical, but if the contest manager thinks so, that
seems to be all that matters. Of course, if participants don't like it, they
can just not participant and there wouldn't be much of a contest.

If the "rules" state it, then it is clear. If they don't, it gets very
wishy-washy and generates hundreds of postings to a mailing list. Might was
well be as clear as possible in the rules.

I don't think I knowingly was "off limits", but as I tune through the dial,
I'm listening more then watching and if a station was on frequency at say
14.100.5 I probably would have made a contact with them. I pay more
attention to the dial when I'm near a band edge such as moving below 7.125
for us US folks.

David - K2DSL