[RTTY] Two NA Sprint Questions

W6SX Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Sun Mar 15 12:04:31 PDT 2009

At 11:08 AM 15 03 2009, Ed Muns, W0YK wrote:

>I'm all for an immediate campaign for everyone to eliminate CQ, etc. from
>the end of their S&P exchanges.  What say all?

I say YES!  CQ at the end of an S&P exchange is confusing and invites
people to jump in before the QSO is properly QSL'd.

CQ at the end of a CQ is great, and I wish everyone would use it.

While we're at it.  I'm all for an immediate campaign to eliminate
QSY and similar extras from QSL messages.  Best is to send TU or RRR
and be on your way.  Anything extra is just QRM and slows you and
everyone else down.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light