[RTTY] BARTG VE3GSI SOAB LP

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 25 09:20:30 PDT 2009

BARTG VE3GSI SOAB LP

Call: VE3GSI

Class: SOAB LP

QTH: ON

Operating Time (hrs): ~24

 Band  QSOs  Countries  Call Areas

-----------------------------------

   80:   90       6         14

   40:  114      16         14

   20:  293      49         21

   15:   13       1          2

   10:    0       0          0

-----------------------------------

Total:  510      72         51  Continents = 6  Total Score = 376,380

Club:

Comments:

Sorry for the late post on the contest.

As always this is a great contest and is one I look forward to working in
each

year. The band conditions were not as good as last year and for me this
year's

score and number of Q's were down significantly from last year. I seen both
on

the screen and the cluster that a good number of stations were being worked,

but I could not hear them. It was interesting to watch a few stations in the

Southern U.S. working JA stations that I simply could not hear. I also watch

Barry, ZS2EZ working EU stations and again not a single peep could be heard

from many of those stations.

Most of my operation was S&P and only switched to Run while having a coffee

break or lunch. During these run times I was very pleased to have only one

fellow toss the exchange at me before I could acknowledged his call. Perhaps

the new fellows in RTTY contesting are reading this reflector and taking in

some of the hints that are being offered.

The one memorable high for me in the contest was when I broke the J5UAP pile
up

on my first and single call.

The only grief I had in the contest was when I was calling CQ just below
14.080

MHz and one of those weird sounding modes started transmitting. I moved, it

followed, obviously it was out to get me. I am almost ashamed to say, but
after

the third or fourth move I hit auto-CQ and finished my coffee. After a few

minutes, whatever those strange warbles were gave up and left me alone. Does

this mode (whatever it is) really need about 5 KHz bandwidth?

Look for my Q's on LoTW soon and card exchanges are always welcome for those

who collect them.

A big thanks to all who played the game and helped to fill my log. Most of
all

thanks to John, GW4SKA and his BARTG contest crew for making this fun
contest

possible.

Eric - VE3GSI