[RTTY] RTTY - Field Day -

Jimmy O. Floyd nq4u at mtars.org
Fri May 8 13:55:23 PDT 2009

I have read with interest the comments on RTTY and Field Day.
It appears to me that if more FD sites would utilize RTTY as a station, then
more activity might happen ---- The old adage "Build it and they will come"
or in this case " Use it and they will come" .
One could also include PSK31 and other digital modes in the mix as well. The
problem is that too many times a group gets the mindset that FD activities
have to be the same year after year. This is not true at all.
As for one of our local FD exercises, which will be Class F (EOC) we will
utilize a full time RTTY station as last year with the hope that many of the
newer hams will pick up some ideas on the ease of getting into the digital
modes.
Just some thoughts :)

Jimmy O. Floyd
NQ4U