[RTTY] Calls in Volta RTTY Test

Ed Steeble esteeble at sc.rr.com
Sun May 10 08:45:02 PDT 2009

As I read the rules and FAQ <http://www.contestvolta.it/>, there are
points for working each US section other than your own call area. Thus
if operating outside the area indicated in your call sign, that station
needs to sign "/call area"; that is, I signed K3IXD/4 since I now live
in SC.

I remember two stations that were not in their call area zone but I
didn't know that until I received their zone. When I didn't received the
expected zone, I did a double take. These were not stations whose area
is in two different zones.

I wonder how the sponsors will score them?

There were several stations that didn't want to add the "/4" to my call.
I tried to correct them.

And there were a lot of US and DX calls that weren't in the Master
Database. Welcome to RTTY contesting.

73, Ed
K3IXD/4 in Volta RTTY test