[RTTY] SO2R with Flex 5000

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 10:00:44 PDT 2009

Hello contesters,
I was wondering if the F5K can be used as the ONLY radio in a SO2R configuration. Specifically, I was wondering if the TX output + PTT can be changed on the fly per active RX (main RX vs sub-RX) as well as if such configuration is supported by N1MM or any other major contest logging program.
I looked at the manual and could not tell for sure if each RX can have its own assigned TX + PTT port.
I currently own a pair of 756PIIIs, but am considering moving to a single F5K or a pair of K3s. My primary interest is RTTY and CW contesting.  Any general thoughts and experience will be greatly appreciated, particularly from contesters.
Thanks
Rudy N2WQ