[RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

Darl Deeds na8w at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 1 08:34:02 PST 2009

It appears that the topic is denigrating a bit. We are hams and as hams we have always tried new things. Why not try something on a "new" band and see what works. There have been many replies that are way over my head with technology and terms and that's ok. Again why not try something once at least. I like 160 contests and have worked the CQ 160 SSB poorly once a year for years when I can. The rest of the 363 days year can be used for all others entertainment and being gentlemen. I don't thing that using a band for a mode for a few hours makes anyone less gentleman either.  RTTY works on 160, we all know that, whether its poorly or good shouldn't stop us from having fun and still being gentlemen.

Let the flames begin, this is my only comment on this ladder.

Darl   NA8W