[RTTY] QSOs and awards

Jim Hoge knowkode at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 8 20:39:26 PST 2009

The recent thread on QSLs and fraud leads me to this line of thought: My award totals reflect activity from my modest station. I know of others who operate portable from another's station for one reason or another. Their DX numbers are impressive and ahead of my own in the standings but it doesn't matter. My standings have no importance to anyone besides me, they are nothing more than a mile marker of personal accomplishments. Should there be a rule dictating operations for credit purposes must be made with one's own station? No. I don't think it matters as the reasons have been given with regard to fraud. One will get satisfaction from the pursuit relative to one's efforts. I am pleased with my efforts and proud to still be in need of countries, modes, and bands when viewing the award matrix. The government has a good term, KSA or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Here's to the pursuit of all three!

73,
Jim W5QM