[RTTY] Thanks NCJ/NAQP Team Trophy - W0ETC Memorial

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 10 20:50:05 PST 2009

Today I received the W0ETC Memorial trophy for being a member of the winning team in July's NAQP RTTY contest.  This is my fourth
team trophy.  I think I treasure these W0ETC Memorial trophies more than any other contest award because they remind me of Larry and
his courageous fight.  And because they are absolutely cool-looking too.

A huge thanks to the NCJ for sponsoring the NAQP contests and for Ray Novak of Icom America for his involvement in the award
sponsorship.  Thanks to Shelby K4WW all the others "behind the scenes".  And thanks to Charlie, KI5XP, for inviting me to be a part
of the Louisiana Contest Club team.  Maybe now I'll get off my duff and actually send in some dues! hi

Thanks to my other teammates Charles KK5OQ and Jim WB5AAA for giving winning efforts.  I don't know if it's the first time a
four-member team has won NAQP RTTY, but I'm certainly proud of the team.  Looking forward to February '10 and defending the team
title. Maybe we need a mascot?  We could be the Louisiana Contest Club Tigers!  Go LCC!!!

I took a picture of the trophies today.  They can be viewed at http://aa5au.com/naqp09plaque.jpg

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com