[RTTY] rtty w/ icom pro3

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 23:02:50 PST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:46:08 -0500, "allan1 dejazzd.com" <allan1 at dejazzd.com>
wrote:

>I have been using the rtty (FSK) setting on my pro3 and doing rather well.  Unfortunately, I am limited to the 8 memories and can't really converse with anyone.  I would like to be abe to use my keyboard for conversation and not sjust igs rpts.
>
>Any suggestions as the best way to do this?  The pro has a 250hz filter on it which makes it great for receiving!
>
>Thanks much
>73 Allan W2TN

REPLY:

There are several programs you can use: MMTTY, MixW, Fldige and probably others.
You will need a couple of cables to interface your computer with the rig.

I use MMTTY myself. There is a great "getting started" website at:
http://www.aa5au.com/rtty

You will no doubt have questions and this is the place to ask them.

I have a Pro3 myself - great rig for RTTY.

73, Bill W6WRT