[RTTY] FYI: AL-80B Amp arcing

Jay ws7i at ewarg.org
Sat Oct 3 05:39:18 PDT 2009

Just a thought that may or may not be appropriate. But years back I had
a couple of Henry Amp's and I used to have problems with the solder
joints on the tank coils. Seems that there was not enough cooling.
Tubes were fine but the tank circuit just heated up in contests.  A
couple of muffin fans mounted above the chassis on the outside and
pulling air through the tank circuit solved
the problem.  I just used 110 v fans and plugged them in only for the
contests. Sat on top on the cover.