[RTTY] Icom IC7600 and MMTTY

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Sat Oct 10 10:07:27 PDT 2009

>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Jim W7RY
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:58 PM
To: rtty at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Icom IC7600 and MMTTY

Cool.  Thanks Dave... A few more questions....

Since it emulates a sound card, it must be AFSK keying so the microphone
gain has to be adjusted for proper level?

>>>Yes its AFSK, but the transmit audio uses a separate path that is not
governed by microphone gain. I adjusted the level using the Windows
Multimedia Mixer.

Is FSK available and does it work?

>>>For FSK transmission, you need an external interface to convert the level
of the FSK data emitted by MMTTY/EXTFSK from a serial port TxD, RTS, or DTR
signal to the FT-7600's RTTY input on ACC-1 pin 1.

Did you compare the "quality" of the decode operation to a computer mounted
high quality sound card? (i.e. SoundBlaster)?

>>>No. I just made a QSO with a European station from the HRO store in Salem
NH to make sure things worked in both directions. You might ask on the Yahoo
IC7600 group: