[RTTY] 160 RTTY Contests

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 08:53:31 PDT 2009

I'm in favor for two reasons.

1. The band is HUGE !! given the number of people using it on any given night.
2. With age, my CW speed is dropping and RTTY contesting is more fun hi hi

Maybe RTTY only above 1830 or way up in the top end dead zone should be considered.

CQWPX CQWW and CQP RTTY would have my entry.

I have only heard one station on 160 RTTY, usually calling CQ with no takers.

Maybe we need to set up a WAS or DXCC RTTY calling frequency somewhere in the dead zone before we lose band space for lack of use.  Or maybe there is one and I don't know about it.

Rick, N6PE