[RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

G4GED Dave radiodave.g4ged at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 03:07:01 PDT 2009

"Ed Muns" W0YK wrote>>>

> Most (all?) RTTY contests prohibit operation on 160 meters.  Yet, a number
> of RTTY contesters have asked that it be added.  I'd like to hear your
> thoughts on this topic, pro and con.

Hi Ed,

As a RTTY and a 160m DX operator, sorry my vote is a resounding NO!
IMHO there's already too many contests carving up the DX section of the
band.

But thank you for the courtesy of asking for opinions.
I may be mistaken but I dont remember being consulted before one of the most
recent additions was made to Topband contests and QRM  x2, it's Warm-up ;-(

Tnx & 73
Dave