[RTTY] 160 meter Antennas & Contesting

Thomas F. Giella NZ4O nz4o at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 28 05:51:16 PDT 2009

I live on a suburban lot (no CC&R/HOA BS) of just under 1/2 acre. For a
transmit antenna on 160 meters I use a 1/4 coaxial inverted L
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o10.htm . For a receive antenna I use an 8
foot diameter coaxial receive loop on a rotator
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o14.htm .

For the past 20 years that I've been operating on 160 meters I have mostly
been on a small suburban lot. But I have still managed to work 165 and
confirm 156 DXCC entities on 160 meters, also 60 confirmed on RTTY.

If there is a will there is a way!

Concerning 160 meter RTTY contesting earlier someone posted, "If you build
it they will come".  I think that is right on.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o at arrl.net