[RTTY] 160 RTTY Contests

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Wed Oct 28 06:34:18 PDT 2009

>do not get me wrong on this but i really do not want to see a lot
>more contests on 160mts and none on the warc bands we have to leave
>something for the non contesters.. BUT WAS rtty on 160 is a great
>ideal or I would agree with a 4 hr sprint a couple times a year.. as
>for the top end unless things have changed in the past few years
>that is where the JA stns use to hang out.. as they could not use
>the low end. this may have changed ? but i do agree more use of rtty
>on 160 is a great ideal but you have to consider the prop problems
>that come with 160 . this can be a really wierd band for rtty
>signals..  just my 2 cents worth. do hear some psk there now.

73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
DXCC HONOR ROLL - 340
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227  F.O.P. LODGE 68
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED-5BDXCC
DXCC  80, 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS WAC SSB WAC CW WAC RTTY WAC SAT
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI