[RTTY] Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

Jim N7US n7us at mc.net
Sat Oct 31 08:25:52 PDT 2009

I'm a RTTY DXer, sometimes casual RTTY contester, and a 160M op.  Based on
all the points mentioned so far, including the international allocations,
the narrow spectrum used on 160 due to those allocations, and mutual
cooperation and respect, I was one who voted against RTTY contests on 160.
Unless one is very dedicated and has effective, low noise receiving
antennas, 160 is only usable for DX a few months of the year.  RTTY seems to
have an inordinate number of contests anyway, so I vote to keep 160 free of
them.

Jim N7US