[RTTY] Zone sent as letters?

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Sun Sep 27 09:42:19 PDT 2009

If the USOS 'feature' is set to ON: (as I understand it)

ON TRANSMIT: If there is a space after a numeric character, the sending
software inserts a 'shift FIGS' character into the transmitted data stream.

ON RECEIVE: If there is a space after a numeric character the receiving
software inserts a 'shift FIGS' character. (If there is no shift FIGS character
  aleady there?) I wonder whether a second 'shift FIGS' is inserted (two in a
row) if a 'shift FIGS' already exists at that point.

On this matter I defer to Chen.

Thanks,

de Phil - N8PS

-------