[RTTY] Zone sent as letters?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 15:18:56 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 00:19:27 -0700, Kok Chen <chen at mac.com> wrote:

>I repeat, "599-3" sent with or without USOS is received as "599-3"
>whether or not the receiver is using USOS.

REPLY:

Well, yes and no. The problem happens when the figs shift BEFORE the 599-3 gets
garbled. Then you get TOOAE. If USOS was on in that example and there was no
hyphen, you would get TOO 3. Experienced RTTY'ers would recognize the TOO as 599
and would of course read the 3 correctly.

Like I said, it has been beat to death and we still have disagreements. Sigh.
:-)

73, Bill W6WRT