[RTTY] Zone sent as letters?

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:47:11 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 09:07, WS7I <ws7i at ewarg.org> wrote:
> What I really don't understand is why you don't just make this easy.  5993 WA de ws7i
>
> And don't tell me its 03 its just Three!

I thought about this on the weekend (when I made a whopping 44 Qs ...
but C3 and FO8 for new ones :-).  I have always used a leading 0 but
now am having second thoughts.  I did insert a - in my macro --
"599-{EXCH}" instead of "599 {EXCH}" -- but {EXCH} evaluates to "04
OK" so I ended up sending "599-04 OK", which is at least one character
too many.

I'm now contemplating making it either changing {EXCH} to "4 OK",
which would yield "599-4 OK" or leaving it 04 and getting rid of any
space or dash so that it ended up "59904 OK".

Either way, I'll wait to see how this thread settles out.  :-)