[RTTY] Run vs. Search and Pounce

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Mon Sep 28 08:32:04 PDT 2009

> Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 12:37:37 -0700
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] FT5GA Multi-Multi
>
> At 1933Z I had a run on 14.104.24 and FT5GA answered my CQ.  Exchange
> was 599 39.  Not only was it my first contact with them on any mode but I
> never heard them at all previously.
>
> All time new one for me :-)
>
> 73, Jim, AD6WL

AD6WL¹s posting reminded me of an article a year or so ago
in the National Contest Journal that pictured the operating
position at one of the Super Stations.  There was a note
posted above the rig that say something like

   ³CALL CQ BECAUSE THE RARE ONES DO NOT HAVE TO²

Looks like FT5GA rewarded some of the Run stations and
there was no joy for the S&P stations looking for FT5GA.

73 Dick AA5VU