[RTTY] Comments

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 30 21:02:33 PDT 2009

Interesting to see all the different ideas on how to operate the contests.

Actually, botton line is a guy with a 60-100 foot tower and 1000 - 1500 watts will beat me no matter how or what he sends hi hi

The key I suppose is being flexible. If you have a big pile of guys waiting and they have heard the exchange before 599 03 CA is all that is needed. If he doesn't copy it, he will either ask for or repeat ro just listen to you make the next contact. When things slow up or conditions get bad you send 599 03 03 CA CA or such.

As others have said if you send N6PE 599 03 CA N6PE sending TU N6PE QRZ de W6XXX might be a good option on both ends.

OK, that off my mind......... why do guys bother to post FT5GA QSX 14.011 when you can look down the list and see 50 different frequencies, I think just to let us all know they worked him. The DX is constantly moving his RX frequency.

If George Carlin was a ham I'm sure every one of his posts would have been..... "Got him with 5 Watts Long Path, first call" ........ like anybody GAS hi hi

Rick, N6PE venting slightly