[RTTY] No RTTY Contests in June - Replacement for ANARTS Contest?

dj3iw at web.de dj3iw at web.de
Fri Apr 9 08:46:48 PDT 2010

Hello,

certainly at least some RTTY contesters will miss the ANARTS
contest. That's true for Bernd DC3HB and myself Goetz DJ3IW.
We already thought about continuing the ANARTS contest but
with a different name and some minor changes. Pat Leeper
from ANARTS saw no problem with that but voiced that ANARTS
had given up "their" June contest date to BARTG.
So far we could not get BARTGs consent for the June date and
we are still looking for a suitable one.

These are our ideas.
Changes:
- No more extra points for QSOs with VK stations,
- 24 hour duration,
- new 6 hour category for single operators.
The ANARTS zone-point table and multiplier rules will be used.

We see two possibilities,
1) second weekend of June (the traditional ANARTS date),
    12/13 June in 2010, using the well known SARTG format
    of three eight hour periods
    Saturday 0800Z to 1559Z
    Sunday    0000Z to 0759Z
    Sunday    1600Z to 2359Z.
    We feel that BARTG consent is necessary for this date,
    although it would not conflict with the new BARTG
    75 Baud Sprint.
2) Third weekend in September, 18/19 Sept in 2010, with
     two 12 hour periods
     Saturday 0000Z to 1159Z
     Sunday   1200Z to 2359Z.
     This scheme avoids existing major non RTTY contests.

Bern DC3HB (who is the DL-DX-RTTY-Contest manager) has
already written the necessary software for logchecking,
evaluation and a log robot.

For Bernd DC3HB and Goetz DJ3IW
73 de Goetz DJ3IW