[RTTY] BARTG Major Changes

Roger Cooke roger at g3ldi.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 04:14:50 PDT 2010

*Changes at BARTG 2010*

* *

BARTG recently made some fundamental changes to the way it operates,
which we hope will bring some exciting changes to the RTTY
contesting world.

1) The post of BARTG Contest Manager has been replaced with a
Contests/DX/Software Sub-group, consisting of Phil, GU0SUP and Ian,
GM4KLN, assisted by John, GW4SKA and Arf, G1XKZ. Thanks are due to
John, our BARTG President, for 20 years plus of excellent service to
the contesting world, and for initiating many of the rules, concepts
and so on that other contests have now also adopted. John's vast
knowledge and experience is still available to us as he is remaining
within the Sub-group, but his work-load will be reduced

2) The same applies to the post of Awards Manager. This has been
replaced with an Awards/QSLs Sub-group, consisting of Phil, GU0SUP
and Andrew, M5AEX, assisted by Arf, G1XKZ. Phil has also given years
of service to the Awards scheme, but now being assisted by Andrew
and Arf, we hope to have some new designs and a more exciting range
in the near future

3) The rules of the existing BARTG HF and BARTG Sprint will be
re-written to remove current ambiguities, clarify and update

4) An additional contest - the Sprint75, has been introduced after
its successful pilot this year

5) Additional sections will be added to our contests: low/hi power;
single band; 6 hours operating

6) New software is being developed that will allow quicker, easier
log submission, accommodating a wider range of log formats
consistent with the revised rules. Final adjudication will still be
done by a human being!

Please bear with us while we implement these major changes, and feel
free to join us at http://www.bartg.org.uk : donations always welcome!

Please note: we are also in the process of updating our highly
successful awards: why not check those out too. We hope soon to be
able to automatically notify contesters whether they qualify for any
of our awards shortly after each of our contests.

*Email changes*

ian@ secretary@ G4EAN@ all for Ian G4EAN

ska@ for John GW4SKA

bartg@ which is the catchall and goes to Ian, GM4kLN, our web master
(and should continue to do so please)

awards@ is redirected to all members of the awards sub-group

contests@ is redirected to all members of the contests sub-group

logs@ is obviously the proposed new recipient of incoming log
submissions, but where and how and so on, yet to be determined.

*BARTG Sprint 75*

Following the success of the first 75 Baud Sprint and many requests
for a second, BARTG is running another this year.

The second Sprint 75 is being held as follows:

18th Sept 17:00 - 21:00z

80, 40, 20, 15, 10 metres

RTTY 75 Baud only

rules / scoring as per Sprint rules that can be found on the BARTG
Web site:

http://bartg.co.uk/

*GB50ATG

*

GB50ATG made nearly 8000 QSOs during the BARTG Golden Jubilee Year
which ended on June 30^th . Special QSLs and awards are available.
Check the web site for full details.

*73 de Roger, G3LDI, BARTG Chairman
*

* *