[RTTY] Need Help

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 25 07:39:08 PDT 2010

My computer is not keying the radio. I set up for the SARTG Friday morning
and made 2 Q's and all worked fine. Big thunder and lightning storm Friday
afternoon around 2000z. Opened N1MM to start contest at 0000z and could not
key the radio. I did make 74 Q's in SARTG by putting the RigBlaster in VOX,
manually keying the rig, send macro, unkey rig. It was a chore.

Set up used last 5 years: YAESU Mark-5 Field  -  RigBlaster Plus and
computer with plenty of memory and HD.

N1MM v.10.8.1 MMTTY v.1.66 G and MixW v. 2.19.   All 3 do not work.

Checked all cables to make sure connected and attached correctly. All ok.

Checked volume settings and nothing changed from original set up.

Checked radio and it is set up properly.

Called West Mountain Radio to find out how to check the RigBlaster. Checked
as instructed and it is ok. Asked about putting RB in VOX and able to use.
They said the RB was designed to do that and the circuit was not the same as
when the RB is in AUTO.

Everything was working fine Friday morning but not after the thunder storm.
Something got changed or affected and I have not been able to find it. The
rig is protected with a UPS. Computer with two very fast surge protectors
and I have a full house surge protector. I suspect something happened to my
sound card ??  Any ideas of what I can do next or where to look ?

Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M