[RTTY] Need Help

Brian Kassel briank7re at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:37:26 PDT 2010

Hi Dick:
  I would look at your serial or USB ports.  Even though the PC is protected
by a UPS, that will only protect the power input to the PC. Extraneous
cables from ports can pick up enough EMF to destroy port specific
electronics inside your PC.  Until I extensively provided grounds to my
station, was I able to do away with this sort of thing.  I have lost several
serial and parallel adapters, and some USB stuff as well before the
grounding.

Brian K7RE