[RTTY] Getting back into RTTY

Dick aa5vu at att.net
Tue Dec 7 13:12:33 PST 2010

Tom K5IID,

One item not mentioned by others is the SignaLink USB that contains its
own sound card and the best part is it handles the PTT for you.  You can
check the ads in QST or Google it. I use the SignaLink USB and recommend
you purchase the cable for your rig with the unit. It will just about be a
plug and play operation.

Another software package you may want to check out is called fldigi by
W1HKJ <http://www.w1hkj.com/> and it runs on Linux, Windows (XP
and Vista) and Mac OS X.  It is a general purpose application that supports
most all of the new digital modes.  It does have a built in log and  some
contesting support.

Try it ... you may like it!

73 Dick AA5VU