[RTTY] Problem with MMTTY, more

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Dec 22 08:23:23 PST 2010

Ed is most likely referring to the PDF file I posted here:
*http://tinyurl.com/27z3bf3*

I also use an older laptop (Dell C640) with a docking station for my
contesting setup. The problem with PTT during initialization has always
been an issue, even when using one of the tweaks that Joe mentions. You
will get key-down until the OS is finished loading and the reset utility
is executed... I have not found an equipment friendly solution to this
problem.

So I added a toggle switch in my interface to eliminate the key-down
problem. Of course that only works when I remember to flip the switch
after I'm done with a RTTY session.

PTT is the primary problem of this cheap interface that is properly
dealt with in the commercial interfaces.

Also, be aware if you are using an older laptop like I am, the USB ports
might not support USB 2.0 with its higher transfer rates. One solution
is to add a PCMCIA card with USB 2.0 ports. Most laptops have a slot for
this style of card. It allows you to add serial ports, soundcards, and a
variety of other items.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN