[RTTY] TS-2000 And FSK Keying connections

Marc Tessier ve3tes at cogeco.ca
Thu Feb 4 14:00:41 PST 2010

Hello group, today I seek information regarding the connecting of a TS2000 to  MFJ1279, Now the 1279 uses the CW output jack to drive CW keying and I am aware that pin2 should be the hot side for this connection, my question lies with the connection of the ground, on the MFJ,  the ground and hot outputs both go thru what appears to be a choke of sorts, maybe just an isolation transformer but none the less the ground connection is in no way connected to the chassis ground of the MFJ,  What would be my best not necessarily easiest option to make these connections...

Here's hoping I can make some diddles this weekend...

73 and looking forward to hearing from one and all in the know...

Marc Tessier - VE3TES