[RTTY] Re. KENWOOD FILTERS...

Jack West w7ld at theriver.com
Sat Feb 27 20:38:48 PST 2010

I have been watching the discussion on Kenwood filters on this
reflector and think I will add my two cents. I have a Kenwood
TS-940S/AT with a Kenwood 500 hz filter in the 8 mhz IF and
another in the 455 hz IF. I started RTTY contesting around 1993
with this same radio. At that time, 500hz filters worked fine.
Now days, after completing a QSO stations with narrower
filters do not move completely off my frrequency, such that
one tone slops over and I have to move in frequency to get
away from him so I can hear who is calling me. It appears
to me that newer radios can operate in a narrower bandpass
and still function.