[RTTY] 2009 BARTG Contests

John Barber GW4SKA ska at bartg.org.uk
Sun Jan 3 09:11:39 PST 2010

It seems there are a few contesters who think that the BARTG HF RTTY Contest is moving to a June date. We discussed this last year and decided it was a bad idea. At the time I posted :

>The general opinion seems to be that moving to a June date would be a bad idea, both for >propagation and because there are better things to do in June. The contest calendar is very >crowded and there are few options open if we were to consider a new date at the beginning or >end of the year. So .......... the BARTG HF RTTY contest will run on the 3rd weekend in >March as it has for several decades. The RDXC contesters will just have to work round us >and be tolerant if space gets tight, as we are to them.

>Our recent 2009 contest attracted around 2500 participants; it is a well liked and supported >test. I have no wish to change the character by messing around with the rules, so they will >remain the same for next year.

The rules for our contest can be found at http://www.bartg.org.uk/contests.asp?pageid=130157
The BARTG Sprint is in January and the HF RTTY in March as usual.

73,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager