[RTTY] Craziest Round-Up Exchange?

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Mon Jan 4 11:33:38 PST 2010

A few years back, everyone was trying to have the shortest micro's possible.  But with the new kids coming aboard that kinda went by the wayside.  The new kids  need to be trained.

Part of the problem is the new software they are using for the contest.  I noticed that one software always had:

K0BX de W0MA ur 599 in MO.  It always put the 'in' in the micro.  Just a training issue.
Then there is the software that put all the dots ........599.......state.....MO MO.  It happens too many times to be just someone messing around with the micro's.  They are just taken the defaults the program gives them.

It is just as much the fault of the software authors as it is the user.

Now saying all this, I would have Crazy Micros then none at all.  I am very glad to see all the new rtty contesters.

If you see one of these micros, like it was said earlier, make a note of the callsign and send the person a NICE note explaining what should be done.  Give him a link to rttycontesting.com which shows the micros for each rtty contest. (Thanks Don AA5AU).

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!

Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without my permission.