[RTTY] ARRL RTTY

K5NZ at aol.com K5NZ at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 17:15:46 PST 2010

As the landscape of a contest changes I think tweaks are a good thing for
everyone..

Sent to ARRL Contest Branch:

First, thanks for supporting this fine contest!

Next I would like to submit for your consideration the addition of another
category.  In the past several years the participation in the contest has
increased every year. I would like to suggest the addition of a M2 or  MM
category.  Some of the "mega" stations are now finding the fun in  RTTY and
putting together teams for this event.  Why not give them a  better venue to
compete while leaving the MS class for stations more suited for  this class.
I think this would keep the MS, for those with more limited  resources,
very competitive and not disadvantage them having to compete with the  big MM
stations.  It would also give the MM stations more to do with the  operators
they have assembled.  As I have said many times, I think RTTY  will be the
"new" CW as far as rate because so many casual operators are  enjoying the
mode.  And after last weekend with rates in the 180's, I think  it is almost
there!

I hope you will consider this addition, I will step up and offer to sponsor
 the plaque for this category the first year if you decide to add it.

Thanks,
Mike Hance K5NZ