[RTTY] P49X 160m RTTY Tonight

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Wed Jan 6 05:37:51 PST 2010

> Ed,
> W0-W9's were calling you at sunset here. Copied most you worked. You were
> good s5 here. The PA0O was also solid copy here. I also worked Tom, W1TO ,
> down the band.
> Anyone needing MS for 160 WAS send me an email.
> Charles/kk5oq

On Tuesday UTC, I worked 85 on 160m RTTY (about 10 EU).  Conditions were the
best I've experienced from here.  Signals from NA and EU were S9+ and noise
was about S6.  Several West Coast NA got through, but not the Northwest
(VE7, WA, OR).  W5UN blew me out of the shack here with the S9+25dB signal
from Dave's 4-square.  There were several others at S9+20, including the
EUs.

Today UTC (Wednesday) I worked 60 on 160m RTTY (mostly EU plus UA9; and
across NA, including VE7. plus 19 on 30m RTTY.  Also, 38 on 160m CW, all EU.
It was much noiser, S9+20dB at times, but signal levels were similar to
Tuesday, with the weaker signals more buried in noise and not printable.

I will be on 18103kHz on the hour throughout today, Wednesday, then on 160m
and 30m at 00z, 01z, 02z, 03z, 04z, 05z, 06z and 09z tomorrow before leaving
for home.  Will be back on 8 February.

P49V was on 1827 CW this morning for a bit and P40YL may try 160m RTTY.
They will be here through March.

Ed - P49X (W0YK)