[RTTY] DXPWin and 64 bit systems

Roy Maull rmaull at suddenlink.net
Wed Jan 6 09:26:31 PST 2010

         I talked to HAL Communications regarding the problem running
DXPWin under the 64 bit Vista and Win 7 O/S.  I was told that it is
possible to just move the software from one machine to the other
without installing it.  There are no registry entries involved.  All
parameters are in the .ini file.
         I would suggest that to get around the problem with "Program
Files", that you create a "Users Programs" or some such directory and
load the program there.  I do that here with my XYL's machine.  I'm
still running XP Pro and may never upgrade:-)  I hope this will help.
         The programmer at HAL indicated that he would repackage
DXPWin with the new 64 bit installer when he gets a chance, but is
snowed right now with other projects.  Keep an eye on the downloads
at www.halcomm.com for a new upgrade for 64 bit systems.  No time for
this was given.

         73.. Roy N8YYS
         Keep West Virginia Beautiful.. Grow ALUMINUM!!