[RTTY] VE6YR Bob SK

A.Oskarsson tf3ao at simnet.is
Thu Jan 7 10:08:13 PST 2010

Really sad news.
Since I started RTTY contesting in 2001, I worked Bob 29 times.
No else VE6 call can be found more often in my logbook.
My thoughts are with the family, as well as many RTTY contesters.

73 Seli TF3AO

<It is sad to convey the information that Bob VE6YR (Robert F McCarthy)
<passed away on December 22.

<My last QSO with him was at the time of JARTS contest on October 17 2009. I
<still remember his concern of my absence from his screen. He was 75 years
<old at that time.

<He was a big brother to me in the field of RTTY contest. I missed him.

<My condolence to his beloved wife Margaret  VE6MPM and family.

<73
<de Maza JA1BHK