[RTTY] Multiple serial ports and USB conflict

Harvey Luke hdluke at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 20 16:54:36 PST 2010

With great enthusiasm, I ordered a 4 port serial port (PCI) card from
NewEgg a couple of weeks ago after reading
on the reflector here that it solved the problem of not enough serial
port.  The desktop machine I'm using for radio
only has one serial port on the back.  Well I installed the card and
included software, but then my USB mouse and keyboard
are dead.  I would use just PC2 jacks for mouse and keyboard, but I have
Timewave USB interface to read frequency from
my ICOM radios.

Has anybody else had this problem and fixed it?

73
Harvey, KM4JA

in L.A.

(that's Lower Alabama)