[RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports

Dick Kriss aa5vu at arrl.net
Mon Jan 25 05:24:27 PST 2010

One very annoying observation in the BARTG SPRINT contest
was a number of operators that would send their serial numbers
separated by dashes.   They would send <call> 214-214 <call>
that was easy to see on the screen but hard to mouse select
and log the report.  When I would see a report with a dash, I
found it easier to just type in the report.  There we some that
did both <call> 214 214-214 <call> and that helped.

Can someone explain why so many operators feel they need to
separate the report with a dash rather than a space?

73 Dick AA5VU