[RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports

Dick Kriss aa5vu at arrl.net
Tue Jan 26 13:49:00 PST 2010

> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:38:20 -0800
> From: Kok Chen <chen at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dashes in Contest Reports

snipped save space

> In the meantime, one thing you can do might be to include a "repeat"
> macro that use dashes if you are using spaces in the regular
> exchange.  And to include a macro to transmit with spaces if you are
> using dashes in regular exchanges.

snipped save space

> 73
> Chen, W7AY

Good suggestion from Chen W7AY for all of us to consider.  I just
added the dashes (minus symbols) to my fldigi "repeat" macro.

Thanks to Chen for the detailed explanation and the tip
on putting dashes in "repeat" or remove them if your standard
exchange contains dashes.

73 Dick AA5VU