[RTTY] BARTG HSS? Re: High speed RTTY

John Barber GW4SKA ska at bartg.org.uk
Thu Jan 28 09:49:36 PST 2010

There seems to be a bit of interest in the idea of a short high speed test
and I reckon we could give it a try, under certain conditions.

The first plain fact is that BARTG would need to see a few donations coming
in via the website / membership system. We have no fixed income and running
the existing contests already costs around £500 per annum. If we can get a
few of the 1000s who hit the website to make a small contribution then fine,
or maybe specific pledges from those interested towards trophies and postage
(the largest costs to us).

Then maybe a simple 'point and squirt' rate contest for a few hours with
similar rules to our existing Sprint test? If it was a 4 hour test, which
hours, bearing in mind the interest from W and G?

I will check mail on this when back from Norway on the 8th Feb.

Cheers,

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager